Where should I store my chemicals?
Posted 07.31.14 at 3:58 pm no comments leave a comment
Ideally, you shouldn’t store pool chemicals at your house at all. They can be quite dangerous, especially if handled improperly. Some service companies (such as A Better Pool Service) will store the chemicals for you, so you never have to worry about it.
You are maintaining your pool your self, or your pool service company is requiring you to store the chemicals, then keep these important safety recommendations in mind:
- Keep them out of direct sunlight
- Keep them in a well ventilated area
- Do not put them inside your house
- Make sure they won’t get wet
- Do not let different chemicals come in contact with each other, or where the water.
- Do not take the chemicals out of their original containers except when you’re actually putting the chemicals in the pool.
For optimum safety, you should read the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for each chemical, and follow the guidelines identified on the sheet.