Is it true that drinking pool water can make you sick? What about my dog? Is it okay if he drinks the water?

Posted 07.31.14 at 3:58 pm no comments leave a comment

Any water that is contaminated can make you sick. In a well-maintained swimming pool, the sanitization system will keep health risks to a minimum. On the other hand, if the pool is not maintained diligently, or if someone has “an accident” in the pool, there could be risks.

One way to reduce your risk of trouble is to add an ozone system. This uses pure oxygen along with the existing chlorine to constantly sanitize the water in the pool. Ultraviolet systems are also very effective at killing any microorganisms in the water. Call us if you would like to know more about these upgrades.

Regarding pets, pool water is generally considered safe for animals to drink. But if you’re concerned about chlorine levels, then upgrading to an ozone system, a salt system or an ultraviolet system will help to minimize the level of chlorine in the water.